GMVWA Holiday Tournament
GMVWA Holiday Tournament Seeding Criteria
An impartial committee will seed wrestlers in accordance with the
criteria listed below. If credentials merit, there will be up to 8 wrestlers and 1
alternate seeded per weight class.
- State Champ
- State Placer
- District Champ
- District Placer
- GMVWA Champ
- GMVWA Placer
- Sectional Champ
- Sectional Placer
- Must be District Qualifier Top 4 places only
- Last Years Won-Lost Winning Percentage
- (15 match minimum must be at least 60%)
- Varsity records only. No Junior High, Reserve, AAU or
USA records please.
- Current season record or results are not considered for seed
Additional notes for out of State Teams:
- The Ohio State Tournament series goes through three qualifying
rounds on three consecutive weekends: Sectional, District and State.
- If out of state qualifying tournaments are named differently,
please use the appropriate Ohio categories for each round when submitting seeding data.
- During seeding, State and District Places for Kentucky &
Tennessee will be treated equivalent to the Ohio District and Ohio Sectionals
- Note: On the seeding form, however, the State and District Places
should still be listed in the State and District Place categories.
Deadline for seed nominations: 1:00 PM on the day before the
- Please use the Online Roster and Seed Form at www.baumspage.com/gmvwa to submit rosters
and seed nominations!
- All accounts from previous year are deleted during the Summer.
All coaches will need to create an account for the current school year!
- For step-by-step instructions click the Help link on the Login Page and print the Online
Entry Instructions for Wrestling.
- If you have problems check the Help Page first!
- For immediate help, use the Contact Us linkor
call 513-424-6201 or 740-753-0561!
- Submit an intended roster early! Return anytime before
deadline to make changes!
- Use My Sports | Modify Athletes to enter your
athletes names and grades into the database.
- Use My Sports | Submit Rosters to enter wrestlers
into their weight classes
- Click Submit Rosters to submit your tournament entry
- Click Get Printable Roster to print a copy for your
- You may make changes to your line-up when you check-in.
- Check all data carefully! It will import "as is"
into the tournament computer program!
- Enter Varsity lineup 1 per weight. Leave criteria blank if
not up for seed.
- To nominate for a seed: Enter tournament criteria, and
record as applicable.
- If you have problems with the Online Entry Form, click the Contact
Us link first.
- In an emergency, call Gary Baumgartner at 513-424-6201
or Terry Young at 740-753-0561.
- Barring unforeseen difficulties, seed nominations will be posted
on the web by 4:00 PM the day before the tournament.
- Hit update or refresh to view the most current data!
Corrections to seeds may be made by phone or e-mail to Gary
Final seeding will be completed before weigh-ins begin on the
The criteria for seeded wrestlers that change weight class before
weigh-ins begin will apply in the new weight class.
After weigh-ins begin, if a seeded wrestler does
not make weight or changes weight class:
- The other seed nominees will be rotated upward and the seed nominee
will be randomly drawn into the bracket.